Academic Year 2017
Graduate School of Human Sciences, Osaka University
Student Support - The Office for the Promotion of Graduate Research and Education
The Office for the Promotion of Graduate Research and Education has been supporting academic and research activities for undergraduate and graduate students in Human Sciences since 2010. As one of its activities, the Office financially supports undergraduate and graduate students who plan to participate in a summer school or communicate with researchers in foreign countries. The aims of this project are as follows.
- Qualification: undergraduate students who plan to visit a research institute or join a language training program in a foreign country
- Number of applicants accepted: about 10
- For international research exchange: expenses cannot exceed 300,000 yen
- For language training: only transportation expenses are covered and cannot exceed 100,000 yen
- Qualification: graduate students who plan to visit a research institute in a foreign country
- Number of applicants accepted: about 5
- Expenses cannot exceed 400,000 yen.
- For a student who receives a scholarship from the government or a company, the allowance may be restricted.
- Students who are (will be) on leave, students in the Program for Leading Graduate Schools, and JSPS Research Fellows (DC1, DC2, and PD) are not eligible.
From July 2017 to the end of February 2018
The financial aid mainly covers travel costs serving the purpose of a research exchange or education, including air fare, a daily allowance, and accommodation ([a part of] lodging costs based on the rules and regulations of the Graduate School of Human Sciences, Osaka University).
For participation in a summer school and language training, only transportation expenses are covered, and it cannot exceed 100,000 yen. Only airfare in economy class is covered (please find the lowest price on airfare)
- If there is an examination to participate in a summer school, only successful candidates will be accepted.
- Providing an estimate of the cost of airfare is necessary.
- If the research plan changes, the applied-for sum of money may not be disbursed in full.
5. Submission of documents
- An application form (Please click here to download form1[Word] or form2[Word] *forms are in Japanese)
- A check sheet concerning Security trade control (Please click here to download form[Excel] *form is in Japanese)
- A schedule for the international research exchange or a summer school (the form is independent)
- For participation in a summer school and language training, a document outlining the content of the program (a guidebook, pamphlet, or printed material from a website)
- All applicants must submit documents a, and b.
- Papers are not to be stapled, but fastened with a clip.
6. Submission and deadline
Submit the application items to the Office for the Promotion of Graduate Research and Education (N306) by Monday, June 5, 2017, at 15:00.
7. Notice of financial support acceptance
Applicants will be informed of the results by e-mail at the end of June 2017.
Accepted students are required to submit a report following the end of the international research exchange or the summer school/language training.
Dr. Takuya Kobayashi, Assistant Professor
Room N306 (3rd floor, North building), Graduate School of Human Sciences
TEL: 06-6879-4053 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org