Academic Year 2017 - First Semester (Spring/Summer Terms)
Graduate School of Human Sciences, Osaka University
Student Support - The Office for the Promotion of Graduate Research and Education
The Office for the Promotion of Graduate Research and Education has been supporting academic and research activities among graduate students in Human Sciences since 2010. As one of its activities, the Office financially supports graduate students who plan to organize a lecture, a symposium, or research meeting.
Financial aid covers lecture fees and travel costs for the lecturer, including internal transportation expenses, a daily allowance, accommodation ([a part of] lodging costs based on the rules and regulations of the Graduate School of Human Sciences, Osaka University), and so on. The expenses for the organization of an event/meeting cannot exceed 100,000 yen. Applicants may apply according to the following criteria.
A current student, research student, or visiting researcher in the Graduate School of Human Sciences is eligible to apply for funding.
Students who are (will be) on leave, students in the Program for Leading Graduate Schools, and JSPS Research Fellows (DC1, DC2, and PD) are not eligible, but they can take part in the project as collaborative planners.
From June 2017 to the end of September 2017
- Fees for lecturers – except graduate students
- Travel costs for lecturer, including internal transportation expenses, a daily allowance, and accommodation
- Costs to purchase stationery for the research meeting
- The sum of expenses cannot exceed 100,000 yen.
* It is possible the amount of funding disbursed is less than the amount requested depending on Osaka University’s rules or by the judgment of the Office for the Promotion of Graduate Research and Education.
5. Submission of documents
- An application form (Please click here to download [Word] *form is in Japanese)
- The application needs the approval and the signature of a supervisor.
6. Submission and deadline
Submit the application to the Office for the Promotion of Graduate Research and Education (N306) by Thursday, April 27, 2017, at 15:00.
7. Notice of financial support acceptance
Applicants will be informed of the results by e-mail in the first half of May 2017.
Accepted students are required to submit a report following the event/meeting.
Dr. Takuya Kobayashi, Assistant Professor
Room N306 (3rd floor, North building), Graduate School of Human Sciences
TEL: 06-6879-4053 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org